Sunday, April 21, 2013

04.22.13

So it's been a long, long while, I know!

I've got LOTS of new stuff going on to share with you soon! But this right here, is the most important! It's a new 90-day "project" I've conjured and I'm really excited to share it with all of you, starting... NOW! Be excited!

It's called "Bliss-in 90", I thought it would be cool to share the experiences (through words, pictures, video and illustrations!) of myself and a private student, from how we develop a personal Yoga practice together, to how to modify poses for their specific injuries or body type, to how some of the more subtle practices can enhance mental and physical health, concentration, endurance and flexibility (of mind, body and spirit...and who doesn't want all that?) I also will be starting training to become a Certified Health Coach at Institute for Integrative Nutrition beginning in May! I'll be sharing what I learn on the way about holistic nutrition and lifestyle theories and practices in the coming weeks as well!

In exchange for weekly "free" private yoga classes, Laurin (our lovely volunteer student), has kindly allowed me to share our experiences weekly on my blog with all of you over the next 13-or-so weeks.

The format is a bit nebulous at the moment, but, I thought to do this project and being so excited to get started I just wanted to get it out there no matter what it would look like at first -- imperfect action is better than no action, My hope is that it serves as a resource of sorts for students and teachers (we're all students and teachers simultaneously, eh?). I'm super stoked because I know myself and Laurin will learn a lot from and thoroughly enjoy this experience, so, winning all around!

This Wednesday I'll be sharing what happened during our consultation, and keep your eyes peeled every Wednesday for the weekly Bliss-in 90 updates!




In closing, I leave you with a photo-quote in the spirit of learning and expanding the horizons of our consciousness (feel free to spread the love-wisdom on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!): "Study is all right, but not for mere logic, quoting or fighting. Actually, it is only when you 'quote' from your own experience that your words have weight. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa used to say, 'Forget all you have learned; become a child again. Then it will be easy to realize that wisdom.'"

Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment