Tuesday, September 20, 2011

09.20.2011

Hey yogis!

The whirlwind that will be the next three months is now starting to pick up! I can feel the excitement in my chest!

Last weekend was my first weekend of Yoga teacher training at Revolution Yoga. I'm so happy that RY offered this training when they did, the teachers are all amazing, inspiring and fun people. Amanda, the owner, is such a thoughtful teacher, (she even gave me some tips and ginger beer to help ward off my cold that I'm still getting over hehe) and I'm honored to be training with her and the other women in the group. Everyone is excited to be there, eager to learn and have fun. This weekend was a lot of introduction, including being introduced to our resident Anatomy/Physiology expert (and massage therapist!) Vanessa. I'm really glad that our anatomy studies will be from the perspective of someone that has a very deep understanding of the human body, and she's also as hilarious as she is knowledgeable. I can't believe how much I've learned in the last weekend, and how much more I'll want to know when I'm done with the 200 hour training altogether.

©Hope Harris @Etsy
I also had the pleasure of trying belly dancing for the first time, there was a workshop going on at the studio and Amanda asked if we would like to attend and I said "YES!" before she could finish her question to the group. It was not what I would have thought the class would be, it wasn't instructional, the woman who lead it, Kismet, just kind of put on the music and told us to watch her, she would do it slowly 2 times then do it fast to the music. She said "Don't worry if you can't see me or don't think you got it, just do what your body wants to do and go with the music!" Also I couldn't stop laughing because she kept doing shoulder shimmys and pointing to her "girls" with a giant smile on her face to remind us to stick out our chests haha. Everyone had a huge smile on their face the whole time, even when she asked us to "dance our sadness" and "show someone how sad" we were in our dance, everyone couldn't help but giggle. It was really cool how a lot of women there had never done it before, yet they took to it immediately, no inhibitions, just dancing like no one's watching! I think a lot of it had to do with Kismet and her amazing disposition that just disarms you and makes you feel comfortable, right away. I'm convinced I've met Kismet before, but, maybe she just has a familiar soul, because I can't figure out for the life of me why she looks so damn familiar!

I've been having trouble focusing on my blog and Etsy store, being that I'm looking for an apartment, working insane hours and also doing homework for YTT as well as making sure I attend at least 2 classes a week (plus I have to observe 8 classes before I graduate) for my YTT, plus I've been sick all week...it's been challenging. I don't want to let my blog get too quiet, so I'll aim for at least one entry a week.

That's all for now kids, I may have some more insights later about my training once I get into my homework and have a clear head. Today, the "monkey mind" is all kinds of hyper, maybe after a day back in the swing of things I'll be back to "normal" hehe.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment