Monday, August 15, 2011

08.15.11 Look What I Made Monday Volume 7!

Aloha movers n' shakers! 


So, this weekend I made another digital print. I had a super-fun-packed weekend which kept me from painting and screen printing so I had to resort to Photoshop for this week's project.



"Love to Death" is now available at my Etsy shop
! I actually made this as a T-shirt for myself not too long ago (see below) and thought it would be cool as a print. Maybe one day I'll make t-shirts for my Etsy store?




This weekend was just non-stop awesome. Started off Friday night getting off at 5:15 (probably for the first and last time ever!) and I made it to a yoga class, then I got to see my friend Lucy the Last Lucid Lion play at Sapphire Lounge. After that I went to visit The Muggies while recording drum fills in the studio. The new album is going to ROCK I can't wait!!

Saturday I woke up and went kayaking with my friends. Then went to the city for Anusara in the Apple with Bernadette Birney and Elena Brower's workshop. It was such a pleasure to finally meet these two inspiring, lovely women, who greeted me so warmly. I was surprised they remembered my online persona (as I've only @mentioned and commented on their blogs and never met them in person). The class was extra challenging for me since I already killed my arms going kayaking in the morning! But, Anusara is gentle and challenging all at once, very different than my normal dancey-Vinyasa/Budokon style practice. I definitely want to get to more Anusara classes when I can or I'll have to find videos online.
 

It seems like my schedule is going to get crazier and then crazier in a few weeks. Starting today my hours are now 11am-7pm, which means the earliest I will be home is 9pm, and in the mornings I really only have an hour to run errands since most places are not open until 9am (as I have to catch a train by 10:15). Then starting in September when I begin Yoga teacher training I will have no weekends off until September (except my birthday because they don't hold class on Yom Kippur; and if I take vacation days during the week it won't be too bad) So, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do each week for Look What I Made Monday once my training starts. I'm still pledging to at least do a sketch once a week, just so I don't fall into creative entropy. 

That's all for now, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment