Friday, August 5, 2011

08.05.11 - Mellow Yellow Treasury!

Aloha, Lovelies! Man, I love a Friday after a short work week, I hope some of you also were afforded the same luxury this week too!

© Cathy Hillegas
As promised, here is my Yellow Treasury, part 5 of 7 in my ROY G. BIV Treasury series! This was the hardest one to put together. I normally include only illustrations/prints, etc, this time I branched out to jewelry and photography.

Speaking of photography, I initially thought this beautiful watercolor by Cathy Hillegas was a photo! The way she got the leaves to look translucent and lit up like that is what tricked me I think.


© Nut and Bee
And the lady over at Nut and Bee has done it again, everything she does is heartbreakingly adorable! I love these sour lemons hehe, so cute! I think I've featured her work in Treasuries like 3 times already without realizing it until after the fact. I want to buy everything she makes, everything is so cute!

Ballet Art also made it into this Treasury too (They were also featured in my Violet Treasury!) with their lovely butterfly painting. I love the little strokes and loose painterly style.



© Ballet Art


This week my Seahorse prints were also featured in MysticHillsNgaroma's Pay-it-Forward Treasury, thanks guys! Next week I'll have my Pay-it-Forward Treasury ready to go featuring one of their items (that's how PIF Treasuries work, for you non-Etsians, if someone features your item in a PIF Treasury, you have to create a new Treasury featuring one of their pieces, and the work of 15 other unique artists, and, if they're nice, those 15 people will do a PIF Treasury featuring your work, and so on.)




© Mystic Hills Ngaroma
Mystic Hills Ngraroma is "the trading name of a couple that live in the remote hills of Marlborough", New Zealand! (Says so on their Etsy profile!) Check out their store, they make some really cool, funky, monster dolls, and they also sell their poetry, and photography. You can also find them on Facebook, be a fan!







That's all for this week kids, have a great weekend! Ya'll come back for Look What I Made Monday Volume 6, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment