Monday, August 29, 2011

Look What I Made Monday Volume 8

Hey Kids!

Well, between new weird work hours, readying for yoga teacher training, and a hurricane this weekend, I've been neglecting my blogging duties and I apologize!

I've been getting distracted scheming, as I mentioned in my last entry, I realized I need to narrow my focus for the moment while I'm in teacher training. But, since I do have a few weeks before it really starts, I'm squeezing in a few more "Look-What-I-Made-Mondays" (also, any suggestions for a better name? It sounds kind of like "lookitmeee!" when I'm making these things to share with everyone, not for me to strut my stuff, I just like to make people smile; "Look-What-I-Made-Monday" doesn't really give that message clearly.) I will of course post any art I happen to create in the meantime, but unfortunately, with my crazy work schedule and full days of yoga school during the weekends, LWIMM probably won't be a weekly occurrence.

This week I've got a new item up on my Etsy store. It's a piece from a children's book I made in college, now available as a digital print! Woohoo! I'm hoping to one day have the book for sale on my store. I want to bind it myself but I've yet to figure out an efficient way of doing that, I will more than likely have to have it bound as a board book, which is quite expensive. I want it to be affordable for parents since we know how toddlers manhandle and destroy these kinds of books, but I can't just print it on paper and saddle stitch them because they'll never last. Oh well, I'll figure it out someday!

Valentina Design
Also I've created a new Etsy Treasury today, in the spirit of feeling super lucky since I was spared the brunt of Hurricane Irene, this one features lots of good luck charms and imagery. My favorite piece is this here elephant by Valentina Designs. She makes really lovely animal illustrations, I love all the mini patterns and spirals she uses, her hand is so whimsical, LOVE it! Check out her shop!

That's all for now lovelies! I've been stalling on reviews for CurlyCuffs, Bellaroma Boutique and Shovava, so, check back later this week for pics and rave reviews on these rockin' Etsy sellers!

No comments:

Post a Comment