Friday, July 29, 2011

07.29.11

Hey kids,

As promised, Part 4 of 7 in my ROY G. BIV Treasury series, Green with Envy! Because I'm envious of people that have money to buy everything in this Treasury! This one is tough to pick just one or two favorite items, so I'm gonna pick 3 today (uh oh!)

RW2 Gallery

First is this lovely mermaid painting by Robert Walker of RW2 Gallery (really gorgeous oil paintings, check out the store) I just love the depth of space and color in these paintings. He has some really gory art in the store as well, but, even that work is beautiful in it's own way. Great oil paintings are like great rock songs, if the music is good, the lyrics could completely contradict my core beliefs, and I'm still going to love the song. Likewise, if the subject matter of a painting isn't my thing, if it's a beautiful painting, I'm still going to appreciate it for it's beauty anyway.



Studio Tuesday
I'm also really digging this sweet little watercolor by Studio Tuesday. In stark contrast to the mermaid painting, I just like how simple it is, plus it's just so cute in it's simplicity. Watercolor is such an awesome (and forgiving) medium like that.


I realize a lot of the art I'm putting in these treasuries is really.... "watery" or somehow related to water. Not sure why it is that I'm attracted to the ocean, water, and animals that live in the ocean/water. Usually one or all of those things are present in my art. I've always lived by water, but I never had some kind of harrowing experience with it. I have had nightmares of tidal waves my whole life, could that be it? I don't know, I would love a Jungian psychologist to analyze this all for me.

Erin Crawford
That said I'm going to refrain from choosing another water-like one for my third favorite, which is this acrylic on wood painting by Erin Crawford. She has a really cool graffiti-like style, I actually dig her elephant paintings even more but they didn't fit in with my Green Treasury hehe. I just like the shapes, very feminine despite being abstracted. Also I'm a sucker for spirals, anyone that knows me knows this!

Stay tuned next week for part 5! Aw...it's almost over already, only 3 more after this one! Well, I'll continue to post new, themed Treasuries every week, I love supporting fellow artists so, this ain't over!

No comments:

Post a Comment